Senior Environment, Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Home-based / Blackburn-based head office
Salary: Upto £45,000 per annum
Employment Type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Senior Level
Industry: EHS Consultancy
Job Functions: Consulting, Training provision
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety Consultant tasked with supporting our enviable list of private and public sector clients to comply with legal and management system requirements.
This post will be home-based but require regular time in our Blackburn-based head office, as well as travel, typically 2-3 days a week, throughout the UK and Ireland.
A typical week could include:
- Carrying out an environmental and / or health and safety legal compliance audit at a client site.
- Supporting a client with implementation of an environmental and / or health and safety management system.
- Developing and delivering a training course, workshop or webinar.
- Developing tenders or proposals to win work.
- Mentoring junior consultants.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject.
- Experience of developing and delivering consultancy services within a broad range of sectors in the fields of health and safety and / or environment.
- Good working knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice.
- Knowledge of management systems standards such as ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001.
- Experience of developing and delivering training.
- Relevant professional health and safety and / or environmental qualifications with demonstrable Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- A relevant training qualification.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (GradIOSH / CMIOSH) or Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), or working towards either.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including:
- Flexible working options, such as flexible start and finish times and part time working.
- 27 days annual leave, (with an additional 1 day per year up to 5 days)
- Pension scheme with a 10% company contribution.
- Paid professional membership subscriptions.
- Health cover.
- Car allowance.
- Volunteering opportunities.
It matters to us that our employees feel valued, experience job satisfaction and have a good work/life balance. We offer all of our employees training and support from day one and encourage a team-orientated atmosphere where successes are celebrated and progress is rewarded. We will provide you with excellent development and progression opportunities with investment in our employees at all levels of their careers.
Who we are:
We are proud to be part of an award winning social enterprise with a passionate and dedicated work force. Our Compliance Services division is highly regarded with over 25 years’ experience. Our team is made up of legal compliance and management systems specialists committed to delivering professional, high quality services in an honest and approachable way. We pride ourselves on our reputation for building strong client relationships who stay with us.
There is one key difference between us and our private sector competitors; instead of our profits going to shareholders, they are gift aided into our Newground Together charity to support environmental and community projects.
To download a copy of the job description and person specification please click here.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to [email protected]
Please note that CVs sent without a covering letter will not be considered.