Environment, Health & Safety Resource Officer
Salary: £16, 835 rising to £20,688 per annum
Benefits: 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Health care package.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd December 2018
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environment and Health & Safety Resource Officer to join our market leading consultancy business.
Working within the Compliance Services team, you will be responsible for creating environment, health & safety and food compliance content for our online subscription service, the Legislation Update Service. As a recent graduate, you will be looking for the first step in developing a career in environment and / or health & safety compliance. You must enjoy writing, reading and summarising complex information and finding solutions to complex problems.
Our highly experienced multi-disciplinary team will be there to provide support as you grow with us, enhancing your skills and compliance knowledge, encouraging new ideas and assisting with your professional development. We have a proven track record of internal promotion and career progression and we value and invest in the development of our staff. We invest in our employees training and support from day one and encourage a team-orientated atmosphere where successes are celebrated and progress is rewarded. We will ask you to help us to improve and innovate and in return, we will help you develop and grow.
The primary activities of the role include:
- To maintain registers of environment, health & safety and food legislation, providing subscribers of the Legislation Update Service with up-to-date, accurate summaries of law.
- To produce monthly environment, health & safety and food newsletters for LUS subscribers and other clients.
- To provide ‘helpline’ support to Legislation Update Service subscribers on general environment, health & safety and food compliance enquiries.
- To maintain and write content for the Legislation Update Service knowledge base including user guides and product documentation.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject such as environment, health & safety or law.
- Experience of researching a subject and summarising and presenting your findings in a format which would be understandable to the reader.
- An aptitude for writing creative content.
- Knowledge of or an eagerness to learn the legal framework within the UK.
- An understanding of or an eagerness to learn the environment, health & safety and food legislation which is applicable to organisations.
- A desire to develop a career in the environment and / or health & safety compliance field.
Who we are
The Legislation Update Service is an innovative online system which provides organisations in the UK and Republic of Ireland with bespoke legal registers for environment, health & safety and food. It forms a key part of Newground’s Compliance Services team, a highly regarded consultancy business with over 25 years’ experience and an enviable client list. The team is made up of legal compliance and management systems specialists, together with dedicated sales and product development functions, all of whom are committed to delivering professional, high quality services in an honest and approachable way.
We are proud to be part of Newground CIC, an award winning social enterprise with a passionate and dedicated workforce. All of our profits are gift aided to our charity, Newground Together, to support environmental and community projects across the North of England.
What we offer
We pride ourselves on being a family friendly, flexible working environment. We recognise that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. Along with a competitive salary we offer a range of other benefits the help that important work/life balance including:
- A 37 hour flexible working week;
- 27 days annual leave (with an additional 1 day per year up to 5 days);
- Pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution;
- Paid professional membership subscriptions;
- Health cover;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Car lease scheme;
- Volunteering opportunities.
To download a copy of the job description and person specifiaction please click here.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to [email protected]. CV’s which are sent without a covering letter will not be considered.