Environment, Health & Safety Resource Manager
Location: Blackburn-based head office
Salary: £33,754 rising to £38,109 per annum
Employment Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 3rd December
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Environment and Health & Safety Resource Manager to join our market leading consultancy business.
Working within the Compliance Services team, you will be responsible for managing the environment, health & safety and food compliance content for our online subscription service, the Legislation Update Service. Ideally suited to an experienced EHS practitioner, this new role will require you to use your practical experience to help guide and influence the management of our customers’ compliance obligations. You will be required to generate original content around EHS and food compliance and relevant management systems standards, so an enjoyment of creative writing is essential.
Our highly experienced multi-disciplinary team will be there to provide support as you grow with us, enhancing your skills and compliance knowledge, encouraging new ideas and assisting with your professional development. We have a proven track record of internal promotion and career progression and we value and invest in the development of our staff. We invest in our employees training and support from day one and encourage a team-orientated atmosphere where successes are celebrated and progress is rewarded. We will ask you to help us to improve and innovate and in return, we will help you develop and grow.
The primary activities of the role include:
- Manage and be responsible for the quality, completeness and accuracy of all content and resources in the Legislation Update Service product.
- Understand what our customers’ need from the service and ensure that content and resources meet those needs.
- Manage and contribute to the development of accurate and creative product content and resources for environment, health & safety and food compliance.
- Be the voice of authority to customers, managing and contributing to legal helpline enquiries and guiding users in setting up their legal registers.
- Train and educate our customers’ on the product in relation to functionality and content.
- Manage and develop the EHS Resource Officer.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject or an ability to demonstrate comprehensive EHS work experience.
- Experience of working as an EHS practitioner.
- A working knowledge of organisational compliance and in particular, the practical application of environment, health & safety and / or food legislation.
- Experience of working with environment, health & safety and / or food related management systems standards such as ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Enjoy writing and developing original and creative content.
- Knowledge of the legal framework within the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Who we are
The Legislation Update Service is an innovative online system which provides organisations in the UK and Republic of Ireland with bespoke legal registers for environment, health & safety and food. It forms a key part of Newground’s Compliance Services team, a highly regarded consultancy business with over 25 years’ experience and an enviable client list. The team is made up of legal compliance and management systems specialists, together with dedicated sales and product development functions, all of whom are committed to delivering professional, high quality services in an honest and approachable way.
We are proud to be part of Newground CIC, an award winning social enterprise with a passionate and dedicated workforce. All of our profits are gift aided to our charity, Newground Together, to support environmental and community projects across the North of England.
What we offer
We pride ourselves on being a family friendly, flexible working environment. We recognise that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. Along with a competitive salary we offer a range of other benefits the help that important work/life balance including:
- 37 hour flexible working week;
- 27 days annual leave (with an additional 1 day per year up to 5 days);
- Pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution;
- Paid professional membership subscriptions;
- Health cover;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Car lease scheme;
- Volunteering opportunities.
To download a copy of the job description and person specification please click here.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to [email protected]. CV’s which are sent without a covering letter will not be considered.